CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – INTAKE SEPTEMBER 2021
ΔΙΑΤΜΗΜΑΤΙΚΟ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΜΑ ΜΕΤΑΠΤΥΧΙΑΚΩΝ ΣΠΟΥΔΩΝ ΣΤΗ ΔΙΕΘΝΗ ΝΑΥΤΙΛΙΑ, ΧΡΗΜΑΤΟΟΙΚΟΝΟΜΙΚΗ & ΔΙΟΙΚΗΣΗ: Ευελπίδων 47A & Λευκάδος 33, 113 62 Αθήνα. Tηλ.: 210 8203 696
ENT: 47A, Evelpidon & 33 Lefkados Street, Athens 113 62 Greece. Tel.: (+30) 210 8203 696
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – INTAKE SEPTEMBER 2021
The MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking graduate training program, which is highly acclaimed.
- Ranked 5th in the World by Eduniversal 2019 Masters ranking
- Exemptions from exams from Professional Organisations such as HSA and ICS
- International cooperation with International Maritime Universities
- Prestigious organisation of International Conferences (such as IAME 2019)
- Award winnings from organisations such as Equal Society for our social responsibility
The program’s international profile is strengthened through a modern, well-structured program, laboratory classes, case studies, workshops, teaching, visits to companies, seminars and conferences.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management, Law, Science, Engineering.
The postgraduate program leads to the award of a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
- A 12-months full-time program, designed to meet the needs of graduates, with lectures taking place mainly during the morning or in the afternoon.
- A 24-months part-time program, designed to meet the needs of business executives, where lectures are conducted in the evenings.
The MSc program offers:
- Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage) in the World and hundreds of companies located here
- The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its quality of education, research and training
- An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
- An academic program taught by world class professors - all with PhD’s, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
- Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
- Visits to companies and organizations
- Executive guest speakers from the industry and specialized Workshops
- Use of state-of-the-art laboratory providing access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
- Scholarships available to suitable applicants
- Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the full and part time programs
The program operates in accordance with the MSc Program Regulation (Governmental Gazette (ΦΕΚ) 3528/B’/21-8-2018 and 6130/B’/31-12-2018) and Law 4485/2017.
The program has a rolling admissions procedure, conducted in three rounds, with the following deadlines:
- 1st round, Friday 5th of March 2021
- 2nd round, Friday 9th of April 2021
- 3rd round, Friday 11th of June 2021
Places available are limited and applications are evaluated with priority order.
CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Applications are submitted electronically through: https://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/
1. register and login to the link above
2. find in the list of available Postgraduate Programs, the ‘MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management’
3. select ‘full-time’ or ‘part-time’ program
4. complete all required fields in the application form
Notice: you should complete the online application and click "Submit". You will not have to upload any documents.
If any personal data is not applicable (for example VAT, which is not applicable for foreign students), please type “- “.
Within a period of three (3) days, applicants have to send by post or submit in person to the Secretariat’s office (see contact details below) the signed printed form of the electronic application along with the required supporting documents.
Secretariat, MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management, AUEB’s Centre for Postgraduate Studies, Room 913, 9th floor,
47A Evelpidon and 33 Lefkados St, 11362, Athens, Greece.
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
- The signed printed application.
- Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (DOATAP) is required only for degrees that are awarded by foreign Higher Education Institutions)
- Official Transcripts of marks received
- CV in English
- Certified copy of the English language certification verifying very good command of the language: level C1, as recognized by ASEP and as determined amongst others by a TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL score or Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency
- One recent passport size photograph
- Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
- Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
Manolis G. Kavussanos
* The signature is placed on the original that remains in the file of the organization.